We have a passion for sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ, a passion for His people, and a passion for His Glory to be known!
We believe that the ultimate purpose of our marriage and in our lives in to bring glory to God. Long before the two of us met, God had given each of us a heart for the nations, for missions, for His people. After much prayer, we have decided to step out in faith to pursue this dream of full-time ministry in another land, especially France and possibly expanding further through Western Europe.
From Joe: I had been praying for God’s spirit to revive believers and awaken unbelievers in Western Europe since college days. He brought me to Russia in 1990 to plant seeds of the Gospel where it had been denied for over 73 years. Although Europe was Christianized through the early centuries of the last millennium, in the last century Europe has largely abandoned the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
From Bethany: The Lord opened my eyes to His global mission several years ago, and specifically, put France on my heart. I served as a missionary intern in Paris in 2010, and during my time there I felt as if I was home, as if I had found the place I was meant to be. He has given me a love and a burden for the French people that even I don’t truly understand. I am incredibly excited that the Lord has called us as a family to go to France, and that He has opened up such a wonderful opportunity for us to serve and use our gifts and skills for His glory!
Joe was participating in evangelism and discipleship with CRU at Northwestern University. By junior year God gave Joe a heart for reaching the lost, especially overseas. Joe was a part of a prayer group that gathered daily to pray for spiritual needs on campus and in individual countries around the world. Joe had been praying for God’s spirit to revive believers and awaken unbelievers in Western Europe since college days. God brought him to Leningrad, the Soviet Union in 1989 to plant seeds of the Gospel where it had been denied for over 73 years. Joe has served in his local church in ministries such as children’s, men’s, prayer team, and worship team, and his heart is to make vibrant disciples of Jesus Christ who make disciples of others. Professionally, Joe has been working as an IT Project Manager (PMP) with diverse and international teams to utilize their unique gifts in achieving common goals.
- Trained with CRU in evangelism, discipleship and multiplication
- Actively shared the Gospel every Spring Break with CRU at Daytona Beach
- Trained in cross-cultural ministry at the University of the Nations in New York
- Short-term Evangelistic Mission trip with a CRU team in Leningrad, Russia in 1989
- Former Missionary Appointee with World Team
- Self-study in topics of doctrine, evangelism & discipleship, apologetics, the Spirit-filled life, the attributes of God, and other world religions
- Taught and trained informally in the Word by Dan Lewis, former professor at William Tyndale College and current teacher with YWAM’s University of the Nations
- Trained in Old Testament, New Testament, Theology & Ethics, History & Culture, etc.
- Currently continuing education in Hermeneutics, Biblical Studies, Church Planting through BibleMesh
The Lord opened Bethany’s eyes to His global mission several years ago, and specifically, put France on her heart. Bethany served on a missionary internship with The Mission Society in Paris in 2010. She then devoted all her resources to preparing for full-time ministry in France by taking courses in theology, missions, and French. She taught English as a Second Language to Burmese refugees and taught ESL in a large outreach program in Louisiana. She is currently a homeschool mom and seeking service and outreach opportunities in her community. While at home, she is pursuing her degree in Missions and plans to further pursue a Masters of Divinity in Biblical Exposition. She is also the podcast host of Proclaim His Glory (proclaimglory.com).
- Studied Systematic Theology through Credo Courses
- Certificate in Perspectives on the World Christian Movement
- Certificate in Encountering the World of Islam
- Certificate in Teaching ESL from North American Mission Board (NAMB)
- Self-study in Evangelism, Apologetics, Missions, Theology, Church Planting, etc.
- Former Missionary Appointee with World Team; Former Missionary intern with The Mission Society
- Current pursuing a Bachelor of Ministry in Missions degree through West Coast Bible College and Seminary (graduation June 2021)
- Continuation of Systematic Theology, Biblical Studies, Church Planting with BiblicalTraining.org
God has given us a love and a burden for the French people that we don’t truly understand. We are incredibly excited that the Lord has called us as a family to go to France, and that He has opened up such a wonderful opportunity for us to serve and use our gifts and skills for His glory!
God has been faithful to us by leading us to an amazing sending organization, Pioneers; by providing full funding to attend their Missionary Orientation week last March just days before the event; and introducing us to people working in the field in France already. God has placed on our heart a vision to see France become a “sending nation”, a nation that has a vibrant expression of Christ and sending their own missionaries out to fulfill the Great Commission. We have been called to serve in France to train, equip, and send French believers to the mission field. It is incredibly confirming that God has given us and Pioneers the same vision for missions mobilization. We have been officially invited to join in this work in Marseilles, with the goal to arrive in September 2022.